Thursday, November 8, 2007

Podcasts

I'm used to using iTunes, which I really like, but it does have one drawback in comparison to the other search options I looked at which were Podcastalley and Podcast.net. That is, that the search results are displayed by episode, rather than by podcast program, but on the plus side its easy to browse by genres, so it's good if you're not really looking for anything in particular. The other two displayed lists of programs, but I found the searching a bit hit and miss. Podcast.net found 9 results for "libraries" and podcast alley found 29.

There would certainly be uses for this technology in libraries, like this one which I heard about at the Spun Conference I attended last week, from Coffs Harbour City Library

Voice Of Time Project

Like all of these things, its a matter of having useful product to offer.

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Almost to the finish line.
Keep up the good work

Lynette