Friday, October 26, 2007

Cookies please



What's not to like?

YouTube is one thing I'm already pretty familiar with. I don't have a TV, so I tend to find a few bits and pieces on Youtube instead. Most of the videos are short, so you never get stuck for long like you do with TV.

As for using it in libraries, I'd be afraid of doing it for the sake of doing it, not because it really needed to be done. As a form of user interaction, or an art project it might be fun, as we saw in some of the examples from Helen Blowers presentation at the State Library, but I'd want to be sure there was a good reason.

There's certainly lots of handy tutorial material already on Youtube, which could be used to help people with common computer problems. I thought the one we watched about wikis was really helpful.

And why did I choose this video? I was a seventies baby. Cookie monster was my friend. I was also avoiding more cat references, despite the fact that there are oodles of super funny cat videos on youtube....Ok, if you insist I'll just link to a couple (tee hee).

Cat does dog tricks

Mean kitty song

Kitty capers accompanied by sunshine happy song in Japanese

No comments: