Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Flickr

I've been exploring Flickr since I came back from the Web 2.0 seminar at the State Library in July, (I was pretty addicted for a while), so I've done a few things since then. But this week I've tried some new Flickr toys like the Motivational poster maker on the BigHugeLabs site. This is what I ended up with:




It's a bit cheesy isn't it? I used a photo of some books from our collection, which I uploaded to Flickr. I aslo tried the Montager, but couldn't get it to work. There were'nt many options on the page, so I'm not sure where I went wrong. I've also had trouble getting the link to Mappr to work. If anyone has any tips on these I'd appreciate comments.

I've found that it's a little time consuming when you're starting with these things, as you have to sign up and there's usually an email to reply to etc etc...but once you're set up it's pretty easy to use, and I find myself getting lost for a while sometimes in the Explore page, especially if I start looking at other people's favourites....so many photos!


A note to my fellow Glenelg bloggers, I've started a Flickr group with the highly original title of "Glenelg Libraries", so please join in! You'll find it here



No comments: