Friday, October 26, 2007

Picnik

This exercise has been just the cure for my wiki weariness, and my document dilemmas.

Some good clean photo fun!

I'm very glad I clicked on the Photography and digital images section of the Web 2.0 awards list.

No 1. Flickr - yep, got it covered, love it!

No 2. Picasa - got it, it's handy

No 3. Picnik - Aha!

I knew more of these type of things had to be out there, but I'd had no luck finding anything useful on my own, and now, here is Picnik. Where have you been all my life?



Picasa is good for basic editing of photos, and it's probably still better than this for doing serious stuff like changing colour temperatures, adding gradients, stuff like that, but you can't add text in Picasa. Enter Picnik, it's definitely designed to do the fun stuff like adding speech bubbles and text, shapes, zombie heads, that kind of stuff you want to do all the time.





But you can still do most of the stuff you can do in Picasa, colour temp, contrast, exposure, saturation, but another real plus is an easy resize option:




If you can resize a photo in Picasa, I'm yet to figure out how.

I was suprised to see it had only recieved four stars for interface and design, when Picasa got 5. I think this application has one of the best interfaces I've seen for while, it even tells you its "sprinkling seeds" and "planting trees" while the page is loading. I love the grass, I love the dandelions. This was a breath of fresh air and fun too! See?



Try it here

No comments: