Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Technorati

I've had a bit of a look at this Technorati business. I tried the search term "learning 2.0" - as a phrase and I got 317 results in blogs, and 315 under directory. The results looked pretty similar there to me. I got 543 under posts, I thought this would be more, and only 125 in tags. I'm not sure what all that means, except that it's a good idea to try a few different methods of searching in these sites with "user generated" content and tagging, as people will tag things by what is meaningful to them.





The above is my failed mission to manually add a technorati tag to this post. The good news is that technorati seems to pick up the labels from blogger to use as tags. I searched for my first post which I labelled "silly greetings", and it came up in the results. Obviously some time is required for blogs to be "pinged" for results to appear. I guess I'll try searching for my test above in a couple of days to see if it gets picked up.

A tip on this front, make sure when you search in tags you select "any authority" (it defaults to "some authority" as I guess most of our blogs won't be bookmarked much, and therefore won't be in the authority ratings yet.

No comments: