Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Searching for feeds

I liked the interface of Feedster - green is my favourite colour. But I didn't find the results I got very useful. I seemed to get a lot of results from the same blogs. I also found the text unecessarily small.

I found some interesting articles on Topix like this one on Bookmobiles. This is a big issue for us, being a small library in a large shire.

Google blog search was OK, it seemed to throw up relevant results, and it was clear which blogs the posts were from.

I think I liked Technorati the best, because you could search for posts or blogs, and the results were clearly different. I also thought it was useful to see how many subscribers the blogs had. It helps you to see which one might be the more interesting. I found some good links here. I quite like The Blogging Librarian, which I added to my Blog feeds. I found this great article on the Wyoming Libraries marketing campaign through this blog. This is one of their billboard ads.

This is pretty relevant to us here on the edge of Victoria. Plenty of sheep here!


No comments: